This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assist with providing advice about the legislative duties, rights and obligations of individuals and parties prescribed in work health and safety (WHS) legislation. It includes identification of WHS legislation, duties, rights and obligations and the necessary actions to ensure compliance in the workplace.
This unit applies to individuals who assist with providing advice about the legislative duties, rights and obligations of individuals and parties prescribed in WHS laws as part of a systematic approach to managing WHS. This unit applies to people who work in a broad range of WHS roles across all industries.
NOTE: The terms 'occupational health and safety' (OHS) and 'work health and safety' (WHS) are equivalent and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where the Model WHS Legislation has not been implemented RTOs are advised to contextualise the unit of competency by referring to the existing State/Territory OHS legislative requirements.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Regulation, Licensing and Risk – Work Health and Safety
Contains the following documents
- Assessment Matrix (Mapping Document)
- New Assessor Workbook/Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Cover Sheet
- Learner Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Learner Evidence Document
- Learner Workbook (in MS Word Format)
- New Observation and Demonstration Checklists
- New Session Plan (in MS Word Format)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Supporting documents:
- Contextualisation guide
- Training and assessment strategy (TAS)
- RTO Materials statement of validation
- Student validation survey
- Work placement logbook
- Workplace documentation
- Workplace evidence
For more information please contact us on email@example.com