This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assist with actions and activities performed in response to work health and safety (WHS) incidents which includes accidents.
It applies to individuals who work under supervision and use some discretion and judgement to respond to incidents within their level of responsibility.
The unit applies to people who work in a broad range of WHS roles across all industries.
NOTE: The terms 'occupational health and safety' (OHS) and 'work health and safety' (WHS) are equivalent and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where the National Model WHS Legislation has not been implemented RTOs are advised to contextualise the unit of competency by referring to the existing State/Territory OHS legislative requirements.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Regulation, Licensing and Risk – Work Health and Safety
|Supersedes and is equivalent to BSBWHS406A - Assist with responding to incidents
||Updated to meet Standards for Training Packages
|Is superseded by and equivalent to BSBWHS416 - Contribute to workplace incident response
Contains the following documents
- Assessment Matrix (Mapping Document)
- New Assessor Workbook/Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Cover Sheet
- Learner Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Learner Evidence Document
- Learner Workbook (in MS Word Format)
- New Observation and Demonstration Checklists
- New Session Plan (in MS Word Format)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Supporting documents:
- Contextualisation guide
- Training and assessment strategy (TAS)
- RTO Materials statement of validation
- Student validation survey
- Work placement logbook
- Workplace documentation
- Workplace evidence
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org