This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to effectively manage work health and safety (WHS) hazards and to comply with WHS laws, as they apply to the management or control of items of plant being maintained and used in a workplace. It requires strong communication skills and systematic approaches to identify and resolve WHS issues associated with plant.
The unit applies to those who provide guidance to others in the workplace in managing WHS hazards associated with plant. The unit does not apply to the design, manufacture, supply, installation, construction or commissioning of plant or issuing of licences associated with plant.
1. The terms ‘occupational health and safety’ (OHS) and ‘work health and safety’ (WHS) are equivalent, and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where model WHS laws have not been implemented, registered training organisations (RTOs) are advised to contextualise this unit of competency by referring to existing WHS legislative requirements.
2. The model WHS laws include the model WHS Act, model WHS Regulations and model WHS Codes of Practice. See Safe Work Australia for further information.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Regulation, Licensing and Risk – Work Health and Safety
|Supersedes and is equivalent to BSBWHS508 - Manage WHS hazards associated with plant
Contains the following documents
- Assessment Matrix (Mapping Document)
- New Assessor Workbook/Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Cover Sheet
- Learner Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Learner Evidence Document
- Learner Workbook (in MS Word Format)
- New Observation and Marking Guide
- New Session Plan (in MS Word Format)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Supporting documents:
- Contextualisation guide
- Training and assessment strategy (TAS)
- RTO Materials statement of validation
- Student validation survey
- Work placement logbook
- Workplace documentation
- Workplace evidence
For more information please contact us on email@example.com