This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage the identification, review, development, implementation and evaluation of consultation and participation processes as an integral part of managing work health and safety (WHS).
The unit applies to those responsible for facilitating consultation about and participation in WHS management and decision-making across the organisation. These people work in a range of WHS roles across all industries, and apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
1. The terms ‘occupational health and safety’ (OHS) and ‘work health and safety’ (WHS) are equivalent, and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where model WHS laws have not been implemented, registered training organisations (RTOs) are advised to contextualise this unit of competency by referring to existing WHS legislative requirements.
2. The model WHS laws include the model WHS Act, model WHS Regulations and model WHS Codes of Practice. See Safe Work Australia for further information.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Regulation, Licensing and Risk – Work Health and Safety
|Supersedes and is equivalent to BSBWHS502 - Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
Contains the following documents
- Assessment Matrix (Mapping Document)
- New Assessor Workbook/Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Cover Sheet
- Learner Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Learner Evidence Document
- Learner Workbook (in MS Word Format)
- New Observation and Marking Guide
- New Session Plan (in MS Word Format)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Supporting documents:
- Contextualisation guide
- Training and assessment strategy (TAS)
- RTO Materials statement of validation
- Student validation survey
- Work placement logbook
- Workplace documentation
- Workplace evidence
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org